DLMS offers a variety of activities for students starting in 7th grade. These activities are organized by Fall, Winter and Spring seasons.
Any student participating in a school sport will need to have an athletic physical on file at Detroit Lakes Middle School before they will be able to register online (they are valid for 3 years). The athletic physical needs to be completed on the Minnesota State High School League form. Well-child checks do not qualify as a sports physical. The physical form can be dropped off at DLMS office, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You need to go online and register/pay the fee for each sport your student participates in.
Dance Team Tryouts: Open to all dancers currently in 6th -11th grade.Register Online: http://lakerdanceteam.weebly.com/All Practices at the DLHS Studio▪Tues 3/5 - Learn Combo & Required Skills (4:00 - 6:00)▪Wed 3/6 - Open Studio to Review (4:00 - 6:00)▪Thurs 3/7 - Dancers Assigned to a 10 min Tryout Time
Middle School Activities Guidelines
- Athletic participation is intended to benefit all athletes by teaching fundamentals, strategies, and behavior that will enable our teams and athletes to have fun and be successful.
- Athletes are encouraged to participate in multiple sports throughout the year.
- Middle school success is not measured by the win/loss record.
- Athletes must have a current athletic physical and complete registration materials before they can practice.
- Athletes are expected to attend practices and games and communicate with their coaches if they are not able to attend.
218-847-9228 Ext 3101